Building the business case for workforce mobile apps
We have been releasing a series of diagrams (see below) from our roadmap report on mobile apps for business. So far these diagrams have focused on emphasising the importance of understanding the user experience of business users. This time, here is a diagram focused on the business perspective that provides a summary of three important questions that will help shape your business case for workforce mobile apps.
Those questions are:
- Is your organisation ready and motivated to support mobility and mobile apps?
- What is the purpose of the app – what problem or opportunity does it address, including the consumerisation of IT?
- What benefits to the organisation will the mobile app provide and how will you measure it?
Once you answer these questions you can begin to road test your idea for an app through the user-centred design approach outlined in the report.
Remember that an app could equally be an off-the-shelf application, a Web-based tool (with a good mobile interface) or a fully custom app. As these three case studies from large enterprises show, building your first app is as much about getting the supporting design process and mobile IT architecture right as it is about the app itself.
- Four critical success factors for enterprise mobile app design.
- Understanding time, place and context for mobile computing in the enterprise.
- Mobile Workplace 2012 Infographic.
- Mobility squared.