Workforce collaboration and customer engagement vendor news roundup
At Ripple Effect Group we work with a wide range of vendors covering the entire social business spectrum – from workforce engagement to social analytics. The is a fast moving space and vendors release updates and new features through out the year. Here is a brief round up of recent news from a short list of the vendors we track or partner with.
Most of the news is from vendors involved in workforce collaboration or customer engagement, as the social intelligence space is a little quite at the moment (if you are a vendor and I have missed something, please contact me).
Adobe Marketing Cloud + Badgeville
- Badgeville’s gamification platform is now available on Adobe Marketing Cloud, integrating with SiteCatalyst, Test&Target, and Recommendations.
- Atlassian launched Confluence 5, bringing a rethought and redesigned user experience that will appeal to business users and developers alike.
- A brand new native Mac beta client for HipChat has also been released.
- An new admin interface in DropBox for Teams has been released, which is intended to make it easier for admins to manage their group.
- Acquia have launched Drupal Commons 3.0, based on Drupal 7. The version of Commons also includes responsive design templates and new group capabilities.
Hootsuite + Socialcast
- You can now integrate Socialcast with one of the leading social media dashboards, Hootsuite.
- BlackBerry 10 customers will be able to access Office 365 using a new version of Harmon.ie Connect.
- IBM Connections 4.5 will be available in March. This update has a range of user interface, mobile app and back-end improvements, including new @ mentions and the ability to like within the main activity stream.
- At the end of last year, IBM also launched IBM Docs. A private cloud and on premise version is expected later in the year.
- Jive has officially announced its expanded presence in the APAC region, with new offices in Sydney and Melbourne Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore..
- Microsoft have launched two new mobile apps for SharePoint 2013 and SkyDrive Pro. The Newsfeed app, for interacting with your SharePoint 2013 enterprise social network, is available for Windows Phone and iOS mobile devices.
- Yammer is also now available to Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers with Office 365 E plans.
- Social Sites is now fully compatible with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010, allowing an easy upgrade path for NewsGator customers.
- Late last year, Newsgator also released a new mobile version of Social Sites.
- An enhanced integration with SharePoint is now available, which allows Socialtext users to “upload, view, and edit PowerPoint, Excel, and Word files within a browser window, in the Socialtext platform.”
- Small-to-medium sized businesses can now deploy TIBCO tibbr via Amazon Web Services Marketplace, with 25, 50, 100 and 200 user packages available to install from a Amazon Machine Image. APAC users have a choice of using Sydney, Singapore and Tokyo data centres.
- An upgrade to SAP Jam has introduce new features such a private folders, question & answer, idea boards and new document editing features.
- A range of enhancements to their social innovation platform, including Challenges 2.0, integrations with SharePoint and Yammer, and activity streams and status update added to Icon, their free crowdsourcing tool.
- OpenRoad launched version 6 of their social intranet solution, ThoughtFarmer. It features an improved editing interface.
- Automattic are expanding their professional hosting offering – a new US$299 Business plan on WordPress.com and late last year they introduced a new VIP tier.