Slides from Applying User Centred Design to SharePoint
Unfortunately, due to problems with flights today, I was unable to make it to Melbourne in time to present my short workshop at ShareThePoint Melbourne 2013, where I was going to cover:
- What is User Centred Design (UCD)?
- Why you should apply it to SharePoint.
- A hands-on demonstration of how to understand user and business priorities with Personas and Page Description Diagrams (PDDs).
These are the slides from my workshop:
Some further reading to support these slides:
- The Four Waves of User-Centered Design, from UX Magazine.
- Mobile apps webinar diagram pack, on SlideShare (for the Time, Place and Context slide).
- Empathy Map description, from Gamestorming.
- Re-Introducing Page Description Diagrams, from UX Magazine.
I am obviously very disappointed that I could not present this in person, but if you are interested in participating in an event – either in Sydney, Melbourne or even via Webinar – please let me know. I’ve previously had a lot of fun talking about personas (such as at World Usability Day) and running persona creation activities at other events.