for W3c validation
Today signals a profound shift in social business in Australia and the SE Asian region. Last night, as we closed the door in the Headshift offices in Sydney, we ended an era of significant change – where our focus had been to introduce leading business minds to new ways of thinking and creating new social business paradigms, new ways of working and engaging. This morning, we open our doors as the Ripple Effect Group, Asia Pacific – acknowledging the beginning of a new level of maturity in how business approach the social economy and how social technologies are fundamentally changing the way we approach business – how we interact with brands, how brands interact with customers, how businesses engage their workforces, how business processes are shifting. More than 4 years ago, I convinced Lee & Livio founders of Headshift in the UK, that a presence in the Australian / S.E. Asian region was a significant opportunity worth exploring and reflecting upon our journey, I believe we have achieved some pivotal milestones:
- In January 2007, MentorNet, the first national mentoring program for young women entrepreneurs launched. A program designed and built entirely in social software with an innovative approach to building knowledge and sharing experiences – an initiative that remains one of the leading examples of the power of social learning networks.
- In May 2008, we officially opened our offices in Sydney, the first dedicated social business consultancy in Asia Pacific.
- In November 2009, we were part of the Gov2.0 Taskforce, developing engagement guidelines for government agencies that are still referred to today.
- In March 2010, the Social Business Summit was held in Sydney – the first of it’s kind in Australia.
- In April 2011, we took the Social Business Summit to Singapore – the first of it’s kind in SE Asia.
- October 2012, our first office in SE Asia launches in Manila, Philippines.
Today we are creating the social advantage for our cutsomer base that extends across all industries, government, corporate, and not-for-profit sectors with projects spanning social media engagement and intelligence, innovative social learning networks, internal communications networks, intranet re-developments to include a social layer, and powerful visual communication artefacts. Together with our partners, we know that every action our teams take will cause a ripple that is felt is across the region!! The future of the effects is waiting to be created, be part of our journey, join the conversations, take the next steps and Be smart. Get Social. Do Business.